Monday, May 5, 2014

SharePoint 2013 Workflow gets Suspended

I was stuck with the error of Workflow gets suspended automatically.
Only Users with Full Control Permissions could make workflow start with no problems, but any user else face this problem.

RequestorId: eda26c74-95ef-2733-0000-000000000000. 
Details: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow instance. 
Exception details: System.ApplicationException: HTTP 401 {"Transfer-Encoding":["chunked"],"X-SharePointHealthScore":["0"],"SPClientServiceRequestDuration":["200"],"SPRequestGuid":["eda26c74-95ef-2733-9cb7-5327536614d3"],"request-id":["eda26c74-95ef-2733-9cb7-5327536614d3"],"X-FRAME-OPTIONS":["SAMEORIGIN"],"Cache-Control":["max-age=0, private"],"Server":["Microsoft-IIS\/8.0"],"WWW-Authenticate":["NTLM","Basic realm=\"\""],"X-AspNet-Version":["4.0.30319"],"X-Powered-By":["ASP.NET"],"MicrosoftSharePointTeamServices":[""],"X-Content-Type-Options":["nosniff"],"X-MS-InvokeApp":["1; RequireReadOnly"],"Date":["Mon, 05 May 2014 07:55:44 GMT"]} at Microsoft.Activities.Hosting.Runtime.Subroutine.SubroutineChild.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

I made sure the User Profile Service is Configured and I did the full synchronization, and the user has a profile.

Finally nailed it by following steps:
1- Make sure the Workflow History List has the same permissions as your list, or grant a unique permission ,Contribute, for the users who will use the workflow.

2- Make sure the Workflow Tasks List has the same permissions as your list, or grant a unique permission ,Contribute, for the users who will use the workflow.

3- Check your workflow through SharePoint Designer and check permissions granted in any related list in the workflow ( That Solved my Problem, As I had another list which I get data from it and by mistake permissions there changed ) 

Usefull Links For Same Issue:

1 comment:

  1. Inadequate App Step permissions is usually the source of this error. I solved it by enabling an App Step Feature, and granting permissions to the App Step. For detailed steps, please see: